Per Sé Group is seeking a skilled Plant Engineer to join our team as a contractor at our client's 1229mw natural gas-fired power plant in Ridgefield, NJ. Our client is a part of one of the largest U.S. Merchant Power Suppliers with over $6 billion in 46 power infrastructure investments representing 60 gross GW of power. If you are an experienced engineer with a passion for optimizing power plant operations - this is the role for you! In this role, you will work closely with the Maintenance Manager, contributing your expertise in plant engineering, operations, maintenance support, and project management. Pay range: $45-$60/hr + 200/day per diem.
· Responsible for understanding the plant design basis and Management of Change (MOC) program.
· Investigate equipment failures and own Root Cause Analysis program.
· Make informed decisions on engineering issues and methods that are cost effective and of high quality.
· Supports the regulatory Compliance Specialist in all NERC, Regional Reliability Entity, and EIA issues impacting facility operations.
· Plan and coordinates plant maintenance as required to maximize plant availability and optimize cost effectiveness.
· Maintains and optimizes the plant CMMS system, issues preventative/predictive and corrective work orders for completion.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or the equivalent in training or experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in power plant operations and maintenance required.
· Experience as a Field Engineer or TFA a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of gas and steam technologies preferred.
· Experience with operations and maintenance of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, electronic controls, and monitoring devices.