Per Sé Group is hiring multiple Instrument Technicians for a long-term contract at our client’s petroleum refinery in Washington State (north of Seattle). This refinery is set in a stunning location and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per day. Safety is of paramount importance to our client, and it’s proven in the recognition and accolades they’ve received such as multiple AFPM Safety Awards. Pay range: $57-$60/hr + $1,000/week per diem. Mobilization and Demobilization provided (mileage at the IRS rate).
- Install, test, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair field instruments including meters, transmitters, transducers, controllers, switches, solenoids, relays, control valves, regulators, actuators, positioners, and instrument loops.
- Service both electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Troubleshoot and repair Distributed Control Systems (DCS), PLCs, vibration monitoring systems, and other specialty instruments.
- Perform maintenance per established written procedures. Uses drawings, equipment manuals, procedures, and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Document work performed in test forms and condition reports.
- Mark up drawings for as-built revision by drafting based upon field inspection.
- Read schematics and logic diagrams.
- Upload and download field instrumentation data.
- Review and re-writes procedures for instrumentation work.
- Perform online SIS testing on live process equipment.
Desired skills and expertise
- 5+ years of experience working as an Instrument Technician at a refinery.
- Maintenance or projects experience required.
- Experience reading loop diagrams, logic diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Experience with stroke valves and calibrating instrumentation.
- Programmable logic control experience.