Per Se Group has an exciting position for a Solar Construction Manager with our major international client in renewable energy. This project is a leading edge utility scale solar farm in Texas. In this role, you will provide onsite management for project implementation of large-scale construction projects. Responsibilities of the Solar Construction Manager include contractor evaluation and selection, safety, quality, engineering, construction, quality, startup testing, performance testing, and environmental compliance testing. You will track the project against its schedule and report project status to management and customer on a regular basis, while implementing processes in a timely, safe, cost effective and environmentally conscious manner.
$65-$75/hr (ST for all hours worked - 55-60 hours/week)
$840/week per diem
Truck, MOB/DEMOB, Laptop provided
Rotation home every 5 weeks
- Manage field personnel to monitor day-to-day activities and provide oversight to contractors and sub contractors, identify construction specification errors, assure construction is in accordance with contract specifications and applicable codes, assure safe and efficient work methods are utilized.
- Ensure the execution and practice of all safety policies and procedures. Administer and monitor safety programs and perform safety assessments.
- Provide management and coordination with external contractors and equipment manufacturers and support site permitting process, equipment selection, project design specifications, develop project schedules and cost estimates.
- Provide onsite contractor interface, local government interface and community relations. Understand and enforce rules set by regulatory bodies (i.e., DOT, OSHA, DNR, etc.)
- Interface with internal project team personnel and customers and supervise employees on a daily basis.
- Develop project Punch List and ensure Punch List completion, validate milestones and /or quantities submitted by the contractor for payment, and assist in resolution of field problems as appropriate.
- Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation QC process.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 8+ years progressive professional experience in renewable energy/solar construction related positions (e.g., management, project controls, QA/QC).
- 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in wind, solar, and/or storage implementation.
- Experience in large electric construction, gas and electric operations, project management, or related area.
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction standards, work methods, equipment, union relations, maintenance practices and materials. Ability to read and understand maps, plan and profiles, and drawings.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as developing a budget, interpreting and understanding financial reports, and financial evaluations. Must have relevant computer skills.