Location: Blytheville, AR
Pay Rate: Up to $29/Hour
Hours: 48 Hours /Week
The Systems Group is looking for an energetic individual to be our next General Millwright teammate. We are looking for someone to help with the day-to-day issues that pop up but to also be part of the big picture and contribute to the long-term strategy of our operations across the country. Our company mission statement is, “Engineered Solutions for a Safer, More Productive Steel Industry”. The person that we select for this position must believe in that mission and be committed to the success of our Blytheville Team which is a key component of our overall business.
We believe in giving people the opportunity to be successful which has resulted in us developing our “Keys to Success”: 1. TEAMMATES need to know expectations and have the information, materials, tools, equipment, and training to perform their jobs safely and productively. 2. Then TEAMMATES need to be held accountable. In a nutshell, we will give you the opportunity and what you need to be successful and then expect you to perform. We expect you to do the same with your Teammates. This job is not for the weak at heart or someone who wants to sit on the sidelines. You must be committed to Making a Difference.
General Millwright Job Responsibilities:
- Install, align, and adjust mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components using manual, pneumatic and electrical tools
- Carry out on-site drilling, tapping, threading, welding operations, and any other operations as required by the supervisor.
- Check and fill out the different steps in the inspection report progressively as machine components are assembled
- Use different lifting and manual handling tools as needed
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools
- Operate lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications. May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
General Millwright Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams in order to perform tasks accurately.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring tools such as tape measure, speed square, framing square…etc. in order to perform tasks accurately.
- Ability to move machinery and equipment using; hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Ability to assemble and install various types of equipment and machinery using hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to do lay out of control/Center lines and shoot elevation, a Master Journeyman needs to be able to do both.
- Ability to set up and use optical equipment to check plum and/or elevation of machinery and equipment per drawing specifications.
- Ability to construct foundations for machinery and equipment using building materials such as wood cement, and steel.
- Ability to align motor and equipment alignment using various methods and tools including but not limited to: feeler gauges, squares, rules, micrometers, plum bobs, dial indicators, laser alignment, etc.
Experience and Requirements:
- Previous millwright experience in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now!