We seek an experienced and senior controls engineer with experience in designing and implementing PLC-based industrial automation systems. The role involves development of PLC applications, HMI’s, drive systems and robotic solutions for large manufacturing customers.
This role requires a self-motivated, ‘Hands-on’ person that can quickly identify problems and deliver robust solutions.
Candidates must be a US citizen or have a Green Card.
· Software development, documentation and handle commissioning of PLC controls (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi)
· Work with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems” SCADA” (Ifix, FactoryTalk View, Wonderware)
· Must be familiar with networks and be able to troubleshoot all industrial networking protocols which includes but not limited to Ethernet/IP, ProfiBus, ProfiNet, EtherCat, DeviceNet, etc.
· Must have a moderate to advanced understanding of machine safety and safety systems including guarding, safety categories, and performance levels.
· Experience integrating control systems to applications such as ERP or quality systems
· Able to quickly understand complex mathematical relationships
· Good Communication skills
· High level of commitment, resilience and flexibility
· Interest in becoming a subject matter expert or team leader with increasing responsibilities
· Knowledge of Vision Systems (optics, camera, lighting) is desirable
· Experience in implementing PLC controls for robot cells with interfaces to FANUC, ABB, KUKA or Denso robots is desirable
· Moderate to advanced understanding of industrial electrical best practices and regulatory codes including NFPA 70 and NFPA 70 is desirable
· Willingness to travel across southeast is required
Additional duties include:
· Ensure Team’s adherence to quality and safety standards
· Consistent and proactive management of timelines and deliverables
· Manage technical/functional requirements
· Assist in preparation of technical proposals and offer expertise / guidance to client and vendor(s)
· Develop recommendations and implement solutions
· More than 10 years’ experience in Industrial Automation Control systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (specializing in Automation technology) Experience in Lieu of Degree will be considered.
Applicant QualificationsEditYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions: