Plaska Transmission Line Construction, LLC (a division of BHI Energy) has a current position available a Traveling Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic. Travel to outside locations will be required up to 100% of the time. Traveling Heavy Equipment Mechanic may repair and maintain one or several types of power construction equipment, such as, bucket trucks, digger derricks, tractors, lo-drill, heavy trucks, excavators, and wire pulling equipment. Fabrication and welding may be included in duties along with any other tasks as assigned.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Ability to maintain and repair hydraulic systems.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Ability to repair and maintain diesel engines.
- Fabrication and welding experience preferred
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work long hours and move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Compliance with OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations.
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver License is preferred
- Valid DOT Medical Certification
- Heavy equipment mechanic certification preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of unsupervised heavy equipment mechanic experience
- Pass pre-employment and other drug screening requirements
- Travel required
- 2 years’ experience as heavy equipment mechanic
Job Type: Full-time – Willingness to work remotely for an extended period. Heavy Travel.