Located in Newport News, VA
- Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
- Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are not
installed or available.
- Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
- Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
- Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry
- Must be a United States Citizen
Pay starting at $22-$27.31 /hour
Per Diem: $120 *Per Diem Available for Those Who Qualify
Long Term Assignments Available (Up to 2 years)
ACA Health Insurance Benefits Available
Please contact our Virginia Beach office at 757-420-0555 and choose option 6 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries