Located in Norfolk, VA
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall Project from the time the Project is being developed during the Planning Phase up until the final milestone is met, the availability is complete, and the ship is successfully delivered back to the customer. The Project Manager will perform in a professional position requiring in-depth knowledge of both Combatant and Non Combatant vessels. Within defined objectives, the Project Manager is responsible to provide independent, complex analysis, concept formulation and new method identification. Project Managers perform as the lead representative of our Company, and act as the prime point of contact for our customers. The avoidance of, inaccurate decisions, errors in work and reporting or passing out information that may put the fiscal position of the organization at risk or damage the Company's reputation is one of the Project Managers primary responsibilities.
Typically has a BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or a related academic field or AA/AS plus 2 years directly related experience or 6 years directly related experience
· Position Demands (Required Experience)
Preferred minimum of six (6) years of shipboard repair experience within a Public or Private shipyard (Prior military experience with the US Navy in an engineering or directly related field would qualify).
· Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience managing technical personnel within complex activities or shipboard availabilities.
· Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point while being able to navigate in the computer server environment.
· Experience of working within a “Cost Type” or “Fixed Type” Contract is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, with reliable, insurable transportation and willing to carry a “business” rider if necessary while using this vehicle when accomplishing company business activities.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- including a respirator.
Please contact our Virginia Beach office at 757-420-0555 and choose option 6 or email us at email@example.com with any questions or inquiries.