Located in Newport News, VA
NDT Needed: PT(II), VT (II) All inspectors shall have documented qualification/certification to the Level II requirements for ASNT's SNT-TC-1A, 2001 Edition or later.
- Inspectors shall have passed written general theory and procedure specific examinations for the applicable method(s).
- General examinations cover basic test principles relative to the applicable method.
- Specific examinations, cover the equipment, operating procedures and test techniques that candidates may encounter in their specific assignment and covers the specifications, codes and acceptance criteria used in the applicable NDT procedures.
- Additional general and specific exams will be administered by Newport News.
- Inspectors shall have passed practical examinations for the applicable method(s) in which they have demonstrated ability to operate the necessary NDT equipment, and record and analyze the resultant information.
- Inspectors shall have passed a visual acuity exam using Jaeger 1 letters at distance of not less than 12 inches within the last year.
- Additional vision exams will be administered by Newport News.
- Inspectors shall have a minimum of 4 years documented current (performed inspections in the applicable method(s) within the past 9 months) continuous experience as a certified inspector in the applicable inspection method(s).
- Supplier will provide current certification documentation containing training and experience records, results of all current examinations, and a record of vision tests.
- These records shall be available for the current and preceding 3-year certification period.
- PT (II) inspectors must be Safety Harness and Respirator qualified.
- Inspectors must be familiar with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- MT (II) All inspectors shall have documented qualification/certification to the Level II requirements for ASNT's SNT-TC-1A, 2001 Edition or later.
Must be a United States Citizen
Pay starting at $36 /hour
Per Diem: $120 * Per Diem Available for Those Who Qualify
Long Term Assignments Available (Up to 2 years)
ACA Health Insurance Benefits Available
Please contact our Virginia Beach office at 757-420-0555 and choose option 6 or email us at email@example.com with any questions or inquiries