Skillwork is looking for dedicated and experienced Industrial Field Service Technicians! If you are looking to travel the country and find freedom and flexibility in your work, feel free to apply! We offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
Check us out at skillwork.com!
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, 3 phase motors, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Technical college degree is preferred (Mechanical, Electrical and/or Software engineering)
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. Includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Ability to execute agreed tasks and deadlines against performance criteria (KPI)
- Computer literate
- Good grammar and communication skills
- Technical competence in an engineering discipline
- Result orientation, ability to follow through and respect deadlines
- Customer face-to-face interaction skills and commercial service skills
- Social perceptiveness
This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical maintenance actions. This person will regularly interact with a client as a technician who has been called in to a facility to repair manufacturer equipment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Secure a meeting with the customer upon arrival onsite and receive briefing from the customer
- Prepare and execute the work as agreed with the customer
- Manage the customer experience
- Identify sales and service opportunities
- Identify/update/validate information of the Installed Base
- Process hours and expenses
- Technical reporting
- Keep stakeholders informed and updated
- Inform the Customer Support about arrival time if outside of expected window
- Confirm reception of a work order to the resource planner
- Updates Customer Support and customer on progress of the work.
- Debrief customer on work done and performance of the machine
- Report on quality issues and non-conformity (NCR)
- Other duties assigned as required by the business
- Receives work order/request, reviews to determine tool, equipment, time, man-power, parts and supplies requirements, and schedules its accomplishment.
- When responding to crisis calls will always arrive at the scene with basic tools and equipment necessary to perform work (provided).
- Read blueprints, schematics (including electrical), wiring diagrams, technical manuals, etc.
- Maintains various activity records and logs.
- Observe equipment or machinery while in operation to detect malfunctions.
- Disassemble mechanical equipment, identify faulty/worn parts, replace, reassemble, and test.
- Test major subsystems or components to localize problem using specialized equipment.
- Fabricate replacement parts which may require welding, cutting, or sheet metal work.
- Perform preventive maintenance on various mechanical systems and equipment. Install new equipment/appliances including running any electrical, water, gas, or drain lines required.
- Responsibilities include installing, trouble shooting, and maintaining, mechanical equipment, piping systems, electrical controls/components in accordance with manufacturer’s specification, local regulations and safety policies.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance schedules on mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, compressors, exhaust fans, blowers and electrical controls.
- Working knowledge and skills in operating a variety of small hand tools and devices used in general mechanical maintenance operations.