Duties as assigned by the Superintendent in connection with the completion of a fire alarm replacement project as assigned. The General Foreman will plan and supervise an electrical subcontractor and fire alarm subcontractor in the execution of a fire alarm replacement project. The general foreman will also complete gypsum wallboard patching and painting where devices are removed and not replaced. This position includes consulting with clients in a professional manner, assigning tasks, ensuring jobs are completed in due time and work is performed according to the expectations of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This project will be a night shift project and is expected to last 9 – 12 months.
- Supervise electrical subcontractor in the execution of a fire alarm replacement project.
- Supervise fire alarm subcontractor in the execution of a fire alarm replacement project.
- Plan nightly work events and communicate progress to superintendent.
- Plan fire and smoke wall penetrations and obtain penetration permits.
- Where fire alarm devices are removed and not replaced, patch the hole in the wall and paint the wall.
- Maintain relationships with other trades and the main project team.
- You must be able to effectively and clearly communicate both written and verbally.
- You will also be expected to uphold the Safety regulations we have and make sure everyone you oversee is also upholding those regulations.
- You will need to have a high standard of excellence for yourself and others.
- Assists in building effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Min 7 years’ experience of progressive responsibilities in the layout, hanging & finishing of drywall projects
- Must be able to coordinate Jobsite logistics
- Read and understand blueprints
- Have advanced knowledge of blueprints
- Procore experience preferred
- Have a strong work ethic
- High attention to detail