Skillwork is currently seeking a Traveling Maintenance Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for completing work orders and other required tasks. If you are looking to travel the country and find great freedom and flexibility in your work, feel free to apply! We offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
Check us out at skillwork.com!
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Electrical and mechanical repairs
- Installs replacement belts, filters, gears, chains and valves.
- Rebuilds valves, pumps and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoots pneumatic, electric and hydraulic machine problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs repairs to machines involving machine guarding, bolt replacement and breakdowns due to mechanical wear.
- Welds machine components.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts, drives chains, etc.
- Handles installations, including hooking up air, water, gas and the alignment and leveling of equipment.
- Acts as a lead by training, mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced and hourly Maintenance employees.
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Troubleshooting Allen-Bradley/Siemens PLC's
- VFD and 3 Phase Motor Experience
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.