Skillwork is currently seeking a Wastewater Field Service Technician to join our team! If you are looking to travel the country and find great freedom and flexibility in your work, feel free to apply. We offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
Check us out at skillwork.com!
Performs mechanical repair, process startup and customer training of company supplied equipment located at customer facilities. Provides customer operational and mechanical technical assistance to existing installations. Train new company service technicians. Responsible for in house assembly and repair of new or second hand equipment and rebuilds of customer owned equipment when not performing field service activities.
Primary Responsibilities - Field Service
- Confer with responsible technical personnel on proper implementation of field service activities.
- Read mechanical schematic drawings and P&ID drawings
- Vibration Analysis using Schenck/Bruel VT-80, Comtest VB7 and/or Pruftechnick Vibxpert II
- Allen Bradley, Siemen's, Modicon and GE Allen Bradley RS Logix 500 and 5000 programing and HMI programming using Factory Talk
- Verification of proper installation of client supplied equipment
- Manage, as needed, field service repairs ensuring a timely flow of information and coordination of work.
- Perform as required, mechanical service, installation checkout and process startup.
- Prepare field service reports and supporting documents for billing purposes outlining situations occurring at the job site.
- Assist and advise spare parts department relative to technical matters and inventory recommendations.
- Recommend spare parts inventory to be maintained by Customer.
- Assist in the promotion of spare parts and repair business.
- Travel - as needed up to 75% (yearly average)
Secondary Responsibilities - Machine Builder
- Perform as required, in-house repair work or new equipment assembly
- Assist in the maintenance of all rental / pilot units.
- Assist as required with spare parts, equipment, and repair orders.
- Assist as needed in test trials (setting up, assisting in running the tests, and cleanup)
- Perform quality control procedures and inspection on subcontracted and vendor items.
- This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Mechanical and Process knowledge of different Andritz manufactured equipment.
- Experience at reading basic engineering drawings.
Computer Skills: Microsoft (Windows, Word, Excel).
Specialized Job Skills
- Must be able to use most hand tools and have well developed mechanical aptitude.
- Must have ability to use precision measuring instruments and the ability to read and interpret
engineering drawings and blueprints.
- The physical demands of this position require the ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds, and have the dexterity to bend and stoop
for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and maintain balance on catwalks and platforms.
- Make visual inspections with precise hand and finger movements, with reasoning and problem
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner during the performance of all duties with both internal employees and customers
- Promotes and furthers our goals through the development of good customer relationships
and recognized professionalism while at site