WFG Industrial-The right people and the right projects!
Title: APT Tank Inspector
The Inspector – Services will support the growth in the Services Strategy by performing inspections at customer’s site to evaluate existing tank assets, provide written reports and recommendations, develop material and labor estimates, and work with customer to secure order. Work with estimators, construction professionals, Project Management and Outside Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: • Consult by phone and e-mail on tank evaluations • Perform onsite tank evaluations for customers • Develop written reports on observations and repair recommendations • Develop other service capabilities and certifications (AWWA, NFPA, FM, API, etc.) • Standardize processes and documentation best practices • Work closely with estimator to develop labor and material estimates for recommended repairs • Develop work plans and equipment estimates • Support project management of service projects • Provide support as necessary to services growth strategy • Work with subcontractors for project development of complex projects • Work with construction service team to execute projects • Work with inside sales and project management to estimate and quote projects • Serve as backup for estimator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: • Prefer API 653, ASNT, CWI, or STI certifications • Prefer minimum of 2-year degree in construction science, construction estimating, or construction management • Prefer minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with bolted tanks or API 653 certification • Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general construction knowledge and erection of pre-engineered structures • Prefer minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with bolted tanks and welded tanks & covers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Strong attention to detail • Ability to read and interpret construction drawings • Good interpersonal and customer service skills • Strong organizational skills • Self-motivated and ability to work well in a team setting
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole, fractional and decimal numbers
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form • Handle problems involving variables in a standardized situation • Ability to make decisions and know when/where to make concessions
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, SalesForce.com, or other CRM software)
• Capable of climbing and working from elevated heights up to 150 feet • Up to 75% travel (primarily domestic) • Ability to get OSHA and/or MSHA training certifications • Walk, must be able to move about construction sites or around customer facilities • Use hands/fingers to feel, must be able to operate computers, machinery, dimensional equipment • Sit and stand, must be able to work at a stationary desk that may require sitting or standing • Standing on concrete floor and uneven terrain will be required frequently • Climb and balance, must climb stairs and ladders • Stoop, kneel and crouch or crawl • Talk/hear, must be able to communicate with operators and management frequently and exchange accurate information • Lift and carry weights of 75lbs WORK ENVIRONMENT • Outdoor elements (possible inclement weather) • Noisy • Non-Air-Conditioned work areas • Busy forklift traffic zones • Fast paced
Pay: full time benefited position paying 75,000/yr Working 8x5’s 40 plus hour work weeks.
WFG Industrial is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.