Robinson Construction specializes in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is seeking a Traveling Project Manager. This position is responsible for the total and profitable management of assigned projects; from budget and scheduling stage to final punch list and completion, to include all coordination of design, purchasing and field production. The Traveling Project Manager will work at the construction job site for which he/she is managing.
- Provides overall management and administration for all assigned projects to ensure the successful completion of the projects safely, on time, within budget, to the satisfaction of the owner and engineers
- Assists in, or provides overall account management for assigned accounts
- Provides assistance in engineering, estimating, business development and procedure documentation on an as needed basis
- Maintains positive client relationships to leverage future repeat business
- 10+ years' Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred
- Prior project management experience with large-scale projects of $5 to $50 (plus) million involving some or all of the following: site work, foundations, structural steel, process equipment, material handling equipment, process piping, pre-engineered metal buildings and subcontractor management preferred
- Extensive knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Willingness to provide onsite project management and supervision for projects at remote locations on an as needed basis
- Able to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges
- Ability to negotiate with and manage subs and/or vendors
- Ability to read, understand and interpret agreements, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Thorough understanding of schedules, project budgets, submittals, change orders, and job costing
Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff, field engineers, assistant project managers, subcontractors and vendors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications and basic AutoCAD required; ProCore experience a plus
- Current OSHA or MSHA certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.
To be considered, please apply to the link below.