PLS has immediate openings for Crew Leaders. Must be an experienced Conveyor Installer or Installation Millwright and have verifiable crew lead experience. Pay Range: $26-$32 based on experience.
Average 60 hours and $700 in Per Diem per week.
We are looking for Professionals who want to support our cause and believe what we believe. We believe in teamwork, safety, continuous improvement, brotherhood, relationships & the Golden Rule.
Do you have experience with installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment at customer sites? Do you enjoy using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools? Does following layout drawings and manufacturer’s instructions, while and utilizing your mechanical knowledge sound exhilarating? If you answered positively, we at PLS have the career opportunity for you! We invite you to apply for the role of Crew Lead / Conveyor Installer / Installation Millwright!
- God, Country, Family
- Serving others
- Quality work
- Work ethic
- Mechanical experience
- Meaningful experience in the field
- Previous technical/installation experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-centric environment
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
- Good coordination, motor skills, and dexterity
- Willing to learn and progress
Joining our Band of Brothers Includes:
- Continued Professional Development
- Extensive Travel Required
- Health Care Benefits
- Holiday Time Off with pay
- Retirement planning with company matching
- Eligible for a performance evaluation after 90 days of employment
Do you meet the requirements to join our Team? If so, apply now!
To be considered for a position with PLS you must submit a resume.
- Proficient at basic math
- Proficient at using basic hand and power tools
- Safety operates and work from scissor lift (training and certification provided by PLS)
- Follow directions
- Willing to learn. Desire to move to next levels
- This position requires 100% travel
- Ability to lift to 50lbs and work at heights up to 40ft.
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete or steel grating for an entire shift and willing to work continuous 58-hour work weeks.
- Minimum of 2 years experience installing conveyor / material handling equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to project sites
- Must be able to read prints
- Layout conveyors and material handling equipment
- Interpret and layout a conveyor or equipment using laser alignments from blueprints.
- Performs mechanical functions related to conveyor, racking or mezzanine installation while adhering to all safety procedures and policies.
- Repairs or replaces worn or defective equipment/machinery.
- Modifying previously installed equipment/machinery to ensure compatibility with new units.
- Testing, repairs, and rework of existing equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping and general clean up duties throughout the site.
- Supply own mechanical hand tools per provided list below. Ability to operate industrial power tools that will be supplied.
Tools That Are 100% Required on Day 1:
- 25’ or 30’ tape measure
- Set of wrenches from 5/16 to ¾
- Set of sockets from 5/16 to ¾
- Set of channel lock pliers
- Set of Philips and flathead screwdrivers
- 2’ Pry bar
- 4lb hammer
- 9” pocket magnetic torpedo level
- Adjustable crescent wrenches (small to mid-size)
- Composite or Steel toe safety boots w/ 6” leather uppers
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Toolbox large enough to hold this list of tools. Lockable
- 3/8” drive cordless impact
- Wrench set 3/8”- 1 1/4”
- 3/8”” Drive socket set 3/8”- 1 1/4”
- 3/8”” Ratchet
- Allen Wrench Set
- Speed Square/Combination Square
- Framing Square
- Line up Pin
- Needle nose pliers
- Standard pliers
- Needle nose vise grips
- 2lb. or 3lb, Hammer
- 2’ level
- 4’ level
- Band cutters or Tin snips
- Razor knife
- Chalk box
- Mill File
- Chisels and punches
- Ball peen hammer (small to mid-size)
- Plum bob
- 100’ tape measure
- C Clamps (3” to 6”)
- Toolbox large enough to hold this list of tools. Typically, a metal lockable gang box.
PPE and Attire
- Candidates must provide and are required to always wear steel toe safety shoes.
- Hard Hat (provided by PLS)
- Safety Vest (provided by PLS)
- Cut-resistant gloves (provided by PLS)
- Jeans/work pants
- No skirts or shorts
- No overly loose or tight garments
- Long hair always tied up while onsite.
- No earbuds are allowed on active work site.
“Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour