This purpose of this position is to accurately quantify the cost of projects to capture profitable work in support of the company’s get work goals.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides overall management and administration for all assigned projects to ensure the successful completion of the projects safely, on time, within budget, to the satisfaction of the owner and engineers
• Assists in or provides overall account management for assigned accounts
• Aids engineering, estimating, business development and procedure documentation on an as needed basis
• Maintains positive client relationships to leverage future repeat business
• Assume responsibility for the total and profitable management of assigned projects; from budget and scheduling stage to final punch list and completion, to include all coordination of design, purchasing and field production.
• Possess a good working knowledge of standard contract language used in the construction industry.
• Be knowledgeable about prevailing wage law and worker classification guidelines.
• Become familiar with all aspects of the plans, technical specifications and contract language for assigned projects.
• Assist the Estimator in developing the working budget from the Estimator’s original estimate.
• Develop the project schedule and incorporate the labor budget, procurement lead times and contract dates.
• Develop Project Information Sheets for assigned projects.
• Following the lead of the Estimator, prepare a list of major subcontractors and suppliers.
• Maintain the electronic filing system in accordance with standard company procedure for assigned projects.
• Maintain contact information in Procore for the owner, engineer, subcontractors and vendors.
• Solicit supplier and subcontractor quotes for those supplies and services not committed by the Estimator. For large and/or technical solicitations use a well written Request for Proposal.
• Issue written Purchase Orders in a timely manner to protect quoted pricing and to ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet the project schedule.
• Issue written Subcontract Agreements in a timely manner to protect quoted pricing and to ensure that the subcontractor’s materials and crew are available to meet the project schedule.
• Prepare Purchase Orders and Subcontracts in a manner which protects the interest of the company and binds the vendor on price, schedule, quality, safety, documentation, manufacturer services, warranty, spare parts, etc.
• Ensure timely completion of a thorough shop drawing submittal log including the applicable plan sheet, specifications, location, etc.
• Develop the schedule of values and application for payment forms in close coordination with the working budget and project schedule.
• Perform a thorough review of all shop drawing submittals to ensure compliance with the plans and technical specifications and provide overall management of the shop drawing submittal process.
• Ensure that the necessary directional and promotional signs are posted on site.
• Ensure that the appearance and condition of the site presents a favorable image to the client and public.
• Prepare the prevailing wage skill level pay rate form and submit to the payroll department for assigned prevailing wage projects.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent in decisions and assignments regarding crew size, equipment type, and construction technique.
• Coordinate with the HR Department and other Project Managers to secure the necessary craft and supervision to progress and complete projects in accordance with the schedule and contract requirements.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in coordinating with foreman and craft workers for reassignments to and from assigned projects.
• Cooperate with the HR Department and other Project Managers for the equitable distribution of human resource talent across all Company projects.
• Ensure well documented coordination with the Owner and Engineer regarding technical issues and general correspondence.
• Develop a plan for temporary facilities and access to the project.
• Develop detailed work plans for complex projects.
• Ensure daily coordination and communication with the Project Superintendent.
• Check daily timesheets to ensure proper cost codes, worker classifications, class codes, workers compensation codes and to ensure compliance with applicable overtime and holiday requirements.
• Assign the applicable job cost accounts and approve A/P invoices for payment.
• Ensure that the appropriate retainage is held on all subcontractor sand suppliers to maintain the appropriate leverage.
• Arrange for timely delivery and return of required rental equipment.
• Process change orders to include the associated budget changes.
• Update the monthly job status report on the 25th of each month and submit to the Controller.
• Meet with the Project Superintendent weekly for schedule review.
• Ensure timely processing of progress payment requests including stored material invoicing.
• Request reduction in retainage at appropriate intervals.
• Update the progress schedule at appropriate intervals and distribute to field supervision.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent as necessary to complete the project on time and on budget.
• Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure progress is consistent with the schedule.
• Conduct periodic site visits to ensure safety, quality and progress are appropriate.
• Conduct monthly job site safety audits.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent and Field Engineer to ensure that safety issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Coordinate equipment startup services with the equipment manufacturer and/or vendor.
• Assemble the project O&M manual and distribute to the Project Superintendent prior to installation of the equipment.
• Submit the final O&M manual including start up reports, warranties, etc. to the owner and engineering near the end of the project.
• Ensure the timely closeout of assigned projects.
• Ensure receipt of certificates of substantial and final completion in a timely manner.
• Along with the Project Superintendent, serve as the company’s primary representative for assigned projects.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with the owner, engineer, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Cooperate with Senior Project Managers and the Vice President in efforts to standardize company project management procedures.
• Promote and assist in the advancement of the computer knowledge of the field supervision.
• Implement the standard Project Management Procedures adopted by the company for all assigned projects.
• Ensure that Project Superintendents maintain good quality daily logs, as-built drawings and other project related documentation.
• Interface with the Project Superintendent to ensure proper development opportunities for Field Engineers and Foremen.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA safety requirements and maintain proper safety reports and policies on site.
• Ensure adherence to the Substance Abuse program and all company policies.
• Learning Lunches
• Monthly Supervisor’s Training Session
• Weekly Staffing Meeting
• Bi-Weekly Job Site Safety Audit
• Job Turnover Meeting
• Preconstruction Meeting
• Weekly Progress Meeting
• Job Closeout Meeting
REQUIRED COMPUTER SKILLS/PROGRAMS:
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Microsoft Project
• Primavera P6 Schedule
• Sage Accounting Software
• Procore Project Management Software
• Rhumbix Construction Software and Microsoft Power BI
• Be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff, field engineers, assistant project managers, subcontractors and vendors.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related field preferred
• 5+ years' Project Management experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Prior project management experience with large-scale projects of $5 to $50 (plus) million involving some or all of the following: site work, foundations, structural steel, process equipment, material handling equipment, process piping, pre-engineered metal buildings and subcontractor management preferred
• Extensive knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Able to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges
• Ability to negotiate with and manage subs and/or vendors
• Ability to read, understand and interpret agreements, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
• Thorough understanding of schedules, project budgets, submittals, change orders, and job costing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff, field engineers, assistant project managers, subcontractors and vendors
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications and basic AutoCAD required; Procore experience a plus
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Ability to work at a computer for long hours in an office environment.
Management Discretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of Robinson Construction.
Employment at Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.