Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Laborers!
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Demolishes buildings and dismantle forms, along with setting up pumps and hoses.
- Removes projections from concrete using a variety of mechanized and hand tools and equipment.
- Signals operators of construction equipment (such as cranes and diggers) to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery.
- Digs trenches using spades and other equipment by ensuring that they conform to length and width specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications and ensure that extra soil / earth is stored or piled in designated areas.
- Mixes, grades, and pours concrete in appropriate quantities into existing frameworks by following provided instructions.
- Clears work sites by removing debris and hazardous materials to make them ready for construction work.
- Transports tools and equipment to and from storage areas or delivery trucks before and after each shift.
- Installs and removes barricades to provide assistance in ensuring worksite safety.
- Cleans hand tools on a regular basis and performs preventative and general maintenance on construction equipment and machinery.
- Ascertains the safety of all tools and machinery by ensuring that they are kept under lock and key and issued to authorized personnel only.
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May train or supervise others in job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Three or more years of Journeyman Laborer related experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must have excellent stamina.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Tape Measure (30-35"), Screw driver, Pliers, Wrenches, Utility Knife, Sockets and Carpenter Hammer.
**Traveling may be required in the future**
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.