We are HIRING Ironworker Foremen in INDIANA!!
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
- Directs and supervises the work of a crew of one or more trades.
- Reads blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Fabricates metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Hoists steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or other equipment.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members.
- Cuts, bends, or welds steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Forces structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Pulls, pushes, or pries structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Assembles hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move materials.
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in hands-on work to complete the job.
- Inspects work for compliance with company quality standards.
- May take on responsibilities of the Superintendent when absent or unavailable.
- May train and supervise others in job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Successful completion of an Ironworker apprenticeship preferred.
- Three or more years proven construction ironworker foreman experience required.
- Industrial machine experience (such as forklift) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Verified rigging experience or certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead a crew of 10 or more employees using critical communication skills.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Basic technology efficiency i.e. computers, email and cellular phones.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot problems that may arise.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring the following hand tools to each job site:
· Spud Wrenches · Connecting Bars · Pry Bars · Bull Pins · Hammers · Wrenches
· Sockets · Pliers · Squares · Measuring Devices · Wedges · Levels · Reamers
· Clamps · Tool Holders · Tie Wire Reels
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly Paycheck
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.